Here are 10 great ideas that you could use for your personalised wedding invitations.
- Incorporate the theme or location of your wedding into the invitation. This is essential as you portray the tone and style of your wedding.
- Include an engagement picture on the invitation.
- Include a link to your own personal website where guests can find engagement photos and wedding information.
- Take the time to find the perfect wording for your invitation. If you’re writing your own vows, consider including them in your wedding invitation cards.
- Your wedding is a great place to make a positive statement. Go green with recycled paper to show your views and give your invitations a distinct look and feel.
- Give your guests an invitation worthy of scrapbooks and photo albums. They can keep them as a memento. Do it yourself invitations are keepsakes marking major milestones in a person’s life.
- Use special and unique materials to create your wedding invitations. You do not have to stick with just the traditional materials. Use linen, leather and other materials to give you the special look that you are after.
- Photo invitations are great way you could create your wedding invitations and is quite popular. Try to use images of interesting photographs of both of you in your childhood – perhaps as a montage. Combine your wedding theme colours into the invitations.
- Make certain that your invitations reflect your personality. If you don’t really like something formal, then don’t make a formal invitation card. And it is highly probably that you will host a less formal wedding as well. Of course the card may also reflect your hobbies. For instance, if both of you and your spouse love pets very much, you may take a photo with your dog and home and put it on the wedding invitation. Your guests will definitely know it is you when they receive the card.
- The wording that you use in the invitation is the key. You can either use some traditional wordings or write your own. Our suggestion is that you write your own, written from your heart and that way your wedding invitation will be both memorable and extremely special.
If all of the above is beyond you…hire a designer. You can search for one here.
If you are hiring a designer, make sure you work closely with them. This way you will be able to give the designer some ideas on what you like and dislike. Of course, you should inform the designer of your wedding theme otherwise they won’t know how to design the card. Remember not to overly instruct your designer. Design is a process of inspiration and exploration. The interaction between you and the designer will certainly lead to a magically unique and perfect design.